Palm Sunday, 24th Marchl
What is Holy Week?
Holy Week is when we remember the story of Jesus’ suffering, death and resurrection. Although the events of Holy Week happened 2000 years ago we believe they have meaning and significance for all time. Through re-living them in the words and actions of the services, we draw closer to Jesus and understand his love for us.
Christians approach Holy Week in several ways:
- Re-living the events through the sad emotions of the week and then experiencing the joy and release of Easter Day.
- Re-living the events with joy remembering that Jesus has already risen from the dead and experiencing Holy Week as Jesus’ triumphant march to victory.
- Re-living the events by identifying with the emotions of Mary, the Mother of Jesus.
There is all so a booklet
you may wish to view.
- 8.00am The Eucharist Said Eucharist
- 9.30am Festal Eucharist begins in the Parish Centre
- 6.00pm Passover Meal in the Parish Centre (ticket needed)Monday in Holy Week, 25th March