The Christian life is a journey in which we gradually grow in our knowledge and love of God and God gradually changes us into the person that we can truly be. Journeys have beginnings, middles and ends. Nurture groups are there to help people who are wanting to make a beginning (although they can also be very helpful to people wanting to get back to basics).
There are many things that can make people want to explore the Christian faith:
- you may have recently become a parent and feel that faith might help you in that vital role
- perhaps you have been asked to be a godparent and realise that taking this seriously means finding out more for yourself
- personal loss - perhaps bereavement, the breakdown of a relationship, the loss of a job - has prompted you to ask fundatmental questions asking 'what's it all about'
- a Christian friend or family member may have inspired you to think that perhaps there is something worth looking at
- early experiences of faith - perhaps going to church or Sunday School - have lived on and now you want to develop them.
Whatever your reasons we hope that we can help you explore faith for yourself.