About Us

"The Mission of the Parish is to worship God, serve others and make disciples."  

A warm and friendly welcome awaits you.
A large and active congregation support a wide range of weekday prayer, study and action groups as well as children's and youth groups and activities.

Refreshments in the Annexe Tea, coffee and cakes are available after the main Sunday Eucharist and after other major services. It can be very noisy, crowded and friendly! Please join us and make yourself known to the clergy or sidespersons so that we can welcome you.

The Eucharist is our main act of worship on Sundays and Weekdays. The ethos of the Church is one of traditional worship allied to a liberal and inclusive approach to both social issues and theology.

New window showing the baptism of King Cynegils of Wessex by St Birinus. Birinus, Cynegils, Oswald and two onlookers are seen by a spring on a hill top, a great vale stretching away.  Cynegils has putGod has been worshipped on the site of the Church for well over 1000 years. According to local tradition in AD 635 St Birinus, the first person to bring Christianity to the area, baptised Cyngils, King of the West Saxons, in the spring just west of the Church.

The Church was originally at the centre of the Royal Manor of Easthampstead in the Windsor Forest. We are now part of the new town of Bracknell.

The present Parish Church was rebuilt in 1867 and is one of the fifteen Pilgrimage Churches of the Oxford Diocese. It is an impressive building to which visitors from home and abroad come to see our nineteenth stained glass windows by William Morris and Edward Burne-Jones.

The Churchyard is part of the “Living Churchyards” scheme. It supports a range of rare and unusual flora and fauna among which is the Yew Tree, said to be over 1000 years old.

Please also look at our other churches, Church @ the Pines in The Pines School and St Francis & St Clare in Jennett's Park School.