Our first station is set in the upper room where Jesus and His friends had been eating and drinking, celebrating the Jewish festival of Passover.
During this time Jesus warned His friends that He would soon be betrayed by one of His friends.
While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”
Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
As an activity you might want to try making flatbread yourself:
For 1 flat bread ~100g flour, 50g boiling water (multiply as required)
Making the dough:
1. Weigh out the flour into a bowl
2. Pour in the hot water
3. Mix together you can start with a fork or a spoon
4. Once mixing you knead the dough until it is smooth
5. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour
6. Lightly flour the surface
7. Remove the dough from the fridge and knead until soft but not too much
8. Roll out your dough, turning and rotating to try and make a round shape
9. Roll up the dough reasonably tight
10. Rotate the rolled up dough into a shell like round shape
11. Roll out again and it will keep its shape
12. Pre-heat a pan
13. Lightly brush the flatbread on top before turning after cooking for around 5 minutes on medium heat
|14. Cook on the other side for around 5 minutes, continue to turn every couple of minutes until it is the colour you prefer|